You have a story to tell. Let it be told.
Your story is important to the mission of preserving stories for the future.
What is the power of storytelling? Telling your personal story in a way that others can understand can have an impact on removing harmful stigmas associated with infertility and family building options. It’s not so much the details of the process, but instead how your story impacted your life and others around you. If we are going to change the narrative, we need to tell our own story it in a way that will create change. Become a powerful storyteller.
Need some inspiration?
Here are some suggestions on how to become a powerful storyteller:
- Infertility changed my life by…
- My infertility had an impact on…
- What you don’t know is…
- The truth about trying to conceive/building a family is…
- I’m a family building professional…
What is your story?
- Write your personal, 500 word or less story in first person.
- Submit your 500 word or less infertility personal story via email to: email@example.com
- Please note, any specific clinic, doctor, company or medication brand references will be removed at the discretion of RESOLVE.
- The email subject line MUST read RESOLVE PERSONAL STORY and your First Name, Last initial.
- In the body of the email please include the following information:
1. The title of your story. Share with us how infertility has impacted your life.
2. Your First Name, Last initial – this will be indicated in your story online.
3. The State you live in – this will be indicated in your story online.
4. Include a clear 500×500 image. Due to the high influx of submissions we will not be able to resize your image, so please make sure it is exactly 500 x 500 when you attach it to your email. RESOLVE has the right to use stock images in replace of the submitted image. Please be mindful of images that could be triggering to people who are still on their path to resolution.
Your submission must be your own personal story. Entries submitted with links or that reference professional sites, organizations, or products will likely not be featured.
Once your submission is received it will be reviewed and mildly edited (mostly for formatting and to keep it consistent with other story entries). Please note although every story is very important to the mission of infertility awareness, your story may or may not be posted. To see if your story has been featured, check out the RESOLVE Personal Stories page. By submitting your story, you are also giving RESOLVE the right to reuse your story in other social media or web content.