RESOLVE operates as a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt corporation. Our national office maintains the website at www.resolve.org. According to the article 27 of the GDPR, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association, 7918 Jones Branch Rd, McLean, VA 22102, has been appointed by RESOLVE as representative within the European Union.
What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Site
- How such information is used
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
Our registration and order forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, e-mail address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, demographics, credit card number and similar information. We do not store sensitive information from our visitors such as credit card numbers or passwords. We use customer contact information from the registration and order forms to send the user requested information. We never sell, share or trade any of our customer information with other companies.
Contact and Profile Information
RESOLVE is the sole owner of the information collected on the Site. This Site does not collect personally identifying information about users except when you specifically and knowingly provide it. For example, we collect information from you in the following ways:
- Some areas of our Site request or require contact and other information
- During the registration process, we collect personal and other information such as your name, address, and e-mail address.
- Demographic and profile data (e.g., age, gender and income level) may also be collected at our Site. We use such data to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze site usage, to improve our content and product offerings and to customize our site’s content, layout, and services.
- Additionally, this data may be shared with advertisers or other third parties solely on an aggregated basis. We do not share any personally identifying information with any third party without your consent, except to a court or governmental agency if required by law.
Internet Protocol Address
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. RESOLVE will not use any such information to identify you in any way other than as part of an aggregate user base.
Use of “Cookies” or “Remember Me”
- For Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari™: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- For Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- For Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For Opera™: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
All information provided to RESOLVE is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of RESOLVE. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
RESOLVE provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time. RESOLVE gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications.
- You can click on the “Unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of your e-mail and follow the instructions on the web page.
- You can email email@example.com to be removed from email communications.
When using one of the above methods your request is processed immediately.
RESOLVE gives you the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided. Upon your request, we will also remove any other personally identifying information we may retain from our databases. To make any such changes or requests:
- You can click on the “Sign up for RESOLVE’s E-updates here” link to unsubscribe from email communications.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell-A-Friend & Email this Page Services
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site, we ask them for the friend’s name and e-mail address. RESOLVE will automatically send the friend a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the Site. We do not store the information of the person you sent it to. The only way that information is captured is if they take some sort of action on The Site.
We may conduct occasional online surveys via the Site or via an e-mail newsletter. These surveys are entirely voluntary and you may easily decline to participate. Participating in an online survey does not automatically add your name to the subscriber list for RESOLVE Newsletters.
Advocacy campaign participants might enter personal information on a RESOLVE/Blackbaud secure page, but this information will be transferred to decision-makers over insecure channels (because neither state nor federal legislatures support secure email, fax or web posts) and may become part of a public record (if comments are being submitted to public dockets).
Other Web Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which RESOLVE has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Contacting the Web Site