Washington Bill Number: SB5204 / HB1151
Does RESOLVE Support or Oppose?
RESOLVE supports this bill.
Introduced in the Senate. First reading and referred to the Health and Long Term Care on 1/9/2023. Prefilled in the House. Hearing scheduled for the House Health Care & Wellness Committee on January 18 at 1:30PM. Hearing scheduled for Senate Health & Long Term Care Committee on January 20 at 8:00AM.
Is Action Needed Now?
- NEW ACTION NEEDED — Sign up “PRO” on our House and Senate bills.
- Go to leg.wa.gov and select the tab “Participating in the Process” on the right side;
- Select “Get Your Position on a Bill Noted for Legislative Record” on the right side; Select House Bill first since that hearing is earlier; Select Health Care & Wellness Committee on January 18 at 1:30PM; Select HB 1151 Fertility Services Coverage; Select “I would like my position noted for the legislative record;” Select PRO; Submit registration at least one hour before the hearing (HELPFUL HINT: Do it now);
- Repeat the steps above for the Senate Health & Long Term Care Committee on January 20 at 8:00AM for SB 5204 Fertility Services Coverage;
2. Email your legislators if you haven’t already to ask them to co-sponsor the legislation. Do this in addition to signing up PRO (PRO goes to Committee members, your email goes to your own lawmakers).
3. Register for Advocacy Day on January 30 if you are able to spend most of the day in Olympia; in-person meetings with your lawmakers are one of the most effective tools we have, so if you can travel to the Capitol, please sign up by midnight on January 20.