RESOLVE has researched various financing adoption programs that might help defray all or part of your costs depending upon the type of adoption you choose.
Please note: The listing of any resources should not be construed as a recommendation or endorsement of these resources, expressed or implied by RESOLVE. We encourage you to explore the resources listed in the references below and to do an Internet search for additional options.
- Foster care adoption, adoption of a child from the state foster care systems: $0 to $2,600
- Domestic, licensed, private agency adoption, adoption arranged and facilitated through a licensed adoption agency: $40,000 to $45,000
- Domestic independent adoption, adoption arranged between a birth mother and a prospective adoptive parent often with the assistance of an attorney: $35,000 to $40,000
- International (or inter-country) adoption, adoption of a child in another country: $35,000 to $48,000
- Additional Costs: Home Study (required for all types of adoption), legal fees, foreign travel, foreign attorney fees, and passport and visa fees.
Financing Adoption Programs: