Fertility Treatment Scholarships and Grants
Hope can exist for patients whose primary barrier to building a family is the out of pocket expense. Below is information about nonprofit organizations that provide fertility treatment scholarships and grants.
For details, including application deadlines, please visit the websites of the nonprofit organizations listed below. The listing of these organizations does not mean or imply an endorsement by RESOLVE.
Nonprofit organizations who would like to list their grants or scholarships must meet these requirements. If you would like to list your organization, please contact us here, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 703.556.7172.
- ANEDEN Gives grants: Each grant will pay at least $5,000 to support each family or up to the cost of the treatment if lower. These grants are open to everyone (single people, married couples, LGBT people, etc.).
- ANEDEN Gives is currently only accepting applicants that are patients of the Houston Fertility Institute and Pacific NW Fertility in Seattle and Lagos, Nigeria (See the Lagos Grant Page for more information)
- Applicants for the ANEDEN Gives grants should meet ALL of the following criteria detailed on their website: https://www.anedengives.com/grant-process/
- Grant Process Requirements: https://www.anedengives.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/ANEDENGives_GrantInformation_Process_2022.pdf
Grants are awarded two times yearly. Provides a dollar range of $2,000-$16,000 (combination of money and medications).
Open to all, genders, singles, same sex couples, all who are permanent residents of the U.S., etc. (Click here to see more requirements on the Baby Quest website).
Baby Quest funds a range of procedures including egg and sperm donation, egg freezing, artificial insemination, in vitro fertilization, embryo donation, and gestational surrogacy.
Applications fees apply – $50 Application fee.
Family Building Grant
This grant is offered twice per year – Once in the spring and once in the fall. Provides up to $10,000 per funded family to help with costs medical infertility treatments and domestic adoption.
Open to all; applicants must have a diagnosis of infertility from their doctor and must be legal, permanent U.S. residents.
Applications fees apply- $50 Application fee.
Savannah Grant – Exclusively for Shady Grove Fertility Patients
All Shady Grove Fertility patients are eligible to receive the Savannah Grant, which will provide up to $10,000 in support for fertility treatment.
To apply for these grants, please submit an application for the Cade Foundation Family Building Grant. Shady Grove Patients will automatically be considered for a traditional Family Building Grant as well as the Savannah Grant.
Must reside in Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin. Must have a diagnosis of infertility certified by a medical provider, with the exception of applicants who are single, or part of a same sex couple. Grant requests may not exceed $10,000. Past procedures are not eligible for Family Building Grants. Visit Chicago Coalition for Family Building FAQs for more information about the grant and eligibility requirements.
Contact Information: Visit coalitionforfamilybuilding.org for more information on how to apply.
- You must be a resident of Ohio, Florida or Nevada and meet the geographic requirements identified in the policy.
- They offer emergency and other medically necessary hospital-level services free of charge.
- You are currently an eligible recipient of the General Assistance or the Disability Assistance Programs
- Your income is at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (the FPG). For information regarding Cleveland Clinic Financial Assistance Policy and Financial Assistance Application Form, please refer to the contact information below for Cleveland Clinic financial counselors.
Website: my.clevelandclinic.org – Financial Assistance Phone: (866) 621-6385
Applications are reviewed and selected by the Foundation’s Board, in consultation with our Advisory Board twice a year (December; June). Applicants are asked to provide the following:
- GRANT APPLICATION (FFOTXGrant Application v2.1) with all supporting documentation
- SIGNED TREATING PHYSICIAN FORM (FFOTXTreating Physician Form v2.1)
- A one page PERSONAL STATEMENT about your infertility history
Requirements for the Grant
Qualifying applicants must:
- be Central Texas residents; Central Texas spans from San Antonio to Waco, north south, and from Mason county to Brazos county, east west.
- demonstrate financial need based on a total household income below $100,000/year;
- be uninsured for fertility treatment OR has exhausted infertility coverage;
- be evaluated by and under the care of, a Board Certified Reproductive Endocrinologist who has diagnosed their cause of infertility and has prescribed a treatment plan; AND,
- receive treatments at a SART member clinic (Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies is an affiliated society to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine)
[Applicants with primary infertility (having no other living children) and under the age of 40 (due to the significant statistical decrease in ovarian reserve) will be given priority]
Contact Information: Visit www.fertilityfoundationoftexas.org for more information about The Fertility Foundation of Texas Grant.
Footprints of Angels is a nonprofit organization supporting women impacted by recurrent miscarriages and infertility. Pregnancy loss and infertility impacts many women, but these are difficult topics to discuss. Footprints of Angels was established to support women through their grief and pain. Gift funds can be used to pay for the following:
*Ιnfertility medications, supplies and treatment from ANY reproductive endocrinology practice of the recipient’s choice, including in-vitro fertilization, oocyte vitrification (egg freezing), embryo cryopreservation (embryo freezing) and third party reproduction.
Requirements for the Scholarship:
- Applicants MUST be citizens or legal residents of the United States
- Applicants MUST have a diagnosis of infertility certified by a medical provider. (Please list your medical provider)
- Applicants who are single, or part of a same sex couple, are eligible to submit applications for the scholarship
There are up to two grant cycles per year. Dates of cycles can be found on the website. Multiple grants may be awarded per grant cycle, depending on available funds. Grants are up to $5,000.
Grant may be applied to:
- Embryo Adoption
- Adoption through a licensed agency
- And any other service provided by the clinic, including blood work and tests.
Grant may not be applied to:
- Travel expenses
Grant Selection Process:
The grant is available to couples who are married, are legal residents of the United States, and have been officially diagnosed with infertility by a medical professional.
Applications fees apply – $50 Application fee.
The JFCS Fertility Fund is a fund to help individuals and families who are confronted with infertility and the financial burden of IVF treatments that are not covered by insurance.
Applicants must be Jewish and reside in the Greater Philadelphia Region.
Application Process: Grants are provided as they are received.
Other resources through JFCS:
- The Hebrew Free Loan Society of Greater Philadelphia provides interest-free loans to Jews in our community for fertility treatments. For more information, visit hflphilly.org/loan-programs/fertility/
Applicants (both partners) MUST be U.S. citizens (at least four years of U.S. Citizenship) and reside in Connecticut or New York (both partners, if applicable). Grant funding can be used at one of the two Connecticut Centers of Excellence, the Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (CARS) and Reproductive Medicine Associates of Connecticut (RMACT).
Grants can be used to pay for In Vitro Fertilization only. This can include the IVF treatment cycle, embryo, egg or sperm cryopreservation, embryo testing, cycle costs related to egg or embryo donation, surrogacy and cycle medications. Please keep in mind the grant will cover up to $10,000 of treatment. Applicants will be responsible for costs exceeding $10,000. Grant funding can be used at one of the two Connecticut Centers of Excellence, the Center for Advanced Reproductive Services (CARS) and Reproductive Medicine Associates of Connecticut (RMACT).
Contact Information: Visit www.nesteggfoundation.org/apply for more information about the Nest Egg Foundation grant.
There are two types of Parental Hope Family Grants: (a) In Vitro Fertilization Grant and (b) Frozen Embryo Transfer Grant. Grants cover the full cost of treatment, but all medical services must be conducted at the Institute for Reproductive Health in Cincinnati, Ohio. There are no geographical restrictions on where an applicant currently lives, but at least one applicant must have an infertility diagnosis as outlined in the grant application. Grant applications must be submitted by September 1st of each year. Grants are awarded in October of each year.
Application Fee: $50 non-refundable application fee.
Parental Hope Family Grants are awarded annually. The next Application deadline is September 1, 2019.
Matt and Lisa Kaulig are the founders of and donors to Samantha’s Gift of Hope. Samantha’s Gift of Hope is a periodic monetary award intended for those who are a part of Reproductive Gynecology & Infertility’s IVF 100% Success Guaranteed Plan in the Northeast Ohio office locations.
Qualifications: Applicants must be treated at a Northeast Ohio RGI location. Applicants must qualify for Reproductive Gynecology & Infertility’s IVF 100% Success Guaranteed Plan. An initial consultation is necessary to determine an aspiring parent’s best course of action.
The Samantha & Kyle Busch Bundle of Joy Fund is a monetary grant awarded to in-need families struggling with infertility. These funds will assist with the costs associated with infertility treatment through the REACH Clinic of Charlotte.
To date, the fund has gifted over 1 MILLION DOLLARS to REACH patients!
The only restrictions for applying are:
- You MUST Have A Diagnosis Of Infertility From The REACH Clinic Of Charlotte
- You MUST Be A Legal Permanent US Resident In North Carolina Or South Carolina
There are NO other restrictions. The donations are distributed as needed, and the number of applications funded as well as the amount of funding depends on the success of the Samantha and Kyle Busch Bundle of Joy Fund’s fundraising activities (i.e. the more we raise, the more we can give away). We are currently working solely through REACH Clinic of Charlotte to help us select families-in-need who are actively undergoing infertility treatments.
All applications may be obtained and submitted through the REACH Clinic of Charlotte after an initial consultation.
REACH Clinic of Charlotte
1524 E Morehead St, Charlotte, NC 28207
All information applicants provide in this application is considered confidential and will not be shared with any agency or person outside of the Samantha and Kyle Busch Bundle of Joy Fund review board and the REACH Clinic of Charlotte review board.
Starfish Infertility Foundation is a nonprofit group committed to providing financial support for those struggling with infertility in the United States. The Bexleigh and Braxton grants will give couples that do not have infertility insurance, nor the financial resources to pay for infertility treatments the opportunity to fulfill their dream of a family. Applicants will be asked to complete a confidential application describing their infertility history, personal situation, and financial need.
- The Braxton Grant in the amount of up to $5,000 will be awarded to couples living in the United States and are uninsured for fertility treatments. The grant can be used toward fertility treatments at any fertility clinic that is a member of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART).
- The Bexleigh Grant in the amount of up to $5,000 will be awarded to couples living in and around (within 100 miles) of Nashville, TN and are uninsured for fertility treatments. The grant can be used toward fertility treatments at any fertility clinic that is a member of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART).
The application fee is $50, this fee is NONREFUNDABLE.
Contact Information: Visit www.starfishinfertilityfoundation.org for more information about the Starfish Infertility Foundation grants.