- Interact with RESOLVE staff (agreement, registration site)
- Work with venue chair to select the date and location of the walk
- Work with venue chair to ensure that all requirements of venue are met (insurance, security, etc.)
- Establish budget and ensure that committee adheres to it.
- Recruit committee; coordinate and chair all committee meetings
- Work with sponsorship sales chair to create sponsorship levels, premiums, and goals
- Create run of show (detailed event day schedule)
- Oversee event
- Work with event chair to select the date and location of the walk
- Work with event chair to ensure that all requirements of venue are met (insurance, security, etc.)
- Secure all necessary items via rental or in-kind donation, such as:
- Sound system
- Tents for sponsors
- Coordinate delivery and pickup of all items
- Plan walk course; plan signage, course marshals, if necessary
- Ensure venue is clean and left in proper condition after event
- See list of suggested activities, network with other DIY committees for ideas, etc.
- Work with volunteer coordinator to ensure all activities are properly covered.
This person’s job is to get walkers registered for the event.
- Create Facebook page or event
- Share information about event with local RESOLVE support groups
- Share information about event with local infertility professionals to share with their clients/patients
- Work with RESOLVE staff to send information to members of email list (volunteer to provide content, RESOLVE to send email)
This person works with people who have already registered for the event. A DIY Walk of Hope is a peer-to-peer fundraiser.
- Encourage walkers to personalize their fundraising pages
- Send coaching emails with fundraising tips, ideas, and encouragement
- Encourage competition between fundraising teams
- Work with event chair, venue chair, and activities chair to determine their needs
- Create an event day volunteer plan
- Recruit and assign volunteers
- Act as volunteer liaison at event
- Follow up with thank you notes
Sponsorship Sales Chair
- Work with event chair to create sponsorship levels, premiums, and goals
- Reach out to local clinics and fertility related businesses to secure their financial support
- Ensure that premiums are fulfilled by getting logos, providing materials, etc.
- Act as sponsor liaison at event
- Follow up with thank you letter and photos from event
Auxiliary Fundraising Chair (for the committee that has everything)
Create a subcommittee and create an additional fundraiser, such as a raffle/silent auction or pre/post event restaurant night. See list of ideas. Must coordinate with RESOLVE staff if planning a raffle.