Social Media Goals
When creating a Facebook page for your event, be sure to list the title as the following:
City, State DIY Walk of Hope
For example: Houston, TX DIY Walk of Hope
Be sure to use caps when using RESOLVE’s name on social media.
For example: You’re invited to RESOLVE’s 1st annual Houston, TX DIY Walk of Hope! Walk with Houston at the 1st annual DIY Walk of Hope to support RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association.
Feel free to use as much as or as little social media as you would like (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
Volunteers are responsible for all social media posts. Remember, volunteers are responsible for posting ALL content. RESOLVE will NOT provide content, pictures or images for volunteers to post.
From time to time, RESOLVE may promote DIY Walks of Hope on RESOLVE social media. If there is reason for RESOLVE to believe there is any negativity associated with your DIY social media, you will be asked to take it down.
RESOLVE reserves the right to ask you to edit or delete any posts.
Social Media Do’s and Don’ts
Social Media Tips:
Sample Facebook Posts:
- Encourage team captains to take the lead!
Sample Post: Team captains! Get your whole team engaged & ask them to like our Facebook page. We will be posting important updates for all participants.
- Encourage them to invite people
Sample Post: Share this post with everyone you know asking them to support you and attend the 1st annual <insert location> DIY Walk of Hope. You can also email or hand out these Walk flyers.
Sample Post: Who Should Walk? Invite someone you know that fits one of the descriptions below:
◊ Those still on their family building journey.
◊ Anyone who has resolved their infertility.
◊ Family, friends & anyone who cares about someone with infertility.
◊ Clinics, professionals, services providers, businesses and their clients & employees.
- Visit the RESOLVE Flickr page and share images from past walks: These posts can give participants ideas for their upcoming Walk.
Sample Post: How cute is this fur baby’s shirt?! We will be having a fur baby costume contest at the <insert location> DIY Walk of Hope. Are you going to bring your fur baby to the Walk?
- Create a Facebook banner using Canva & ask your followers to change their cover photos.
Sample post: Want to help spread the word about the <insert location> DIY Walk of Hope? Here is a custom Facebook banner you can use as your cover photo! <insert file>
- If applicable, share posts from the general RESOLVE Facebook page.
Sample post: Share this post & let your friends & family know that the infertility community needs their support!
- If applicable, keep track of the Walk/Event days for other DIY Walk of Hope and post a Good Luck <insert location> Walkers & a supportive message.
- Create a video and share it. Keep the video short 30 sec to 1 min. Talk about why you are hosting a DIY Walk of Hope, announce interesting updates, announce a fundraising challenge, etc.
- Do weekly updates that include a tip to get closer to your goal.
Sample post: Tip of the week- Ask five friends for $10 to support your DIY Walk of Hope team.
- Tip of the week- If you haven’t already, personalize your profile in the DIY Walk of Hope registration link & share with your network. Give them an opportunity to support you.
- Tip of the week- Hold a coffee break or lunchtime bake sale at your office. Ask coworkers to help by baking items to sell. (RESOLVE President/CEO, Barb Collura, sells homemade scones to raise funds at RESOLVE HQ for her DC Walk of Hope team!)