Advocacy Day Resources
Why do we need family building professionals to attend Advocacy Day?
It is important for Members of Congress to hear from healthcare and other professionals that serve the infertility patient community because:
- You bring a business perspective to the conversation.
- You bring the stories of hundreds, and perhaps thousands, of patients and customers, lending the voice of experience and expertise.
- You lend the voice of experience and expertise on behalf of hundreds, and perhaps thousands, of patients, clients, and customers. Your presence at Advocacy Day demonstrates your support for your patients and clients and reinforces that the entire infertility community is coming together on Advocacy Day.
Make room in your schedule for this important event in Washington, D.C. and join RESOLVE and ASRM staff and hundreds of patient advocates and other experts like you. Once you register, we will make your Congressional appointments for you and provide you with the information and training you need for a successful day.
Here’s how you can lend your voice at Advocacy Day
- Send a staff person to represent your clinic/business.
- Tell your patient database (current and former patients) about Advocacy Day and how they can attend. Invite them to join you at Advocacy Day.
- Email everyone who receives your e-newsletter about the legislation we are advocating for and why you support it.
- Do you have a Facebook page or use Twitter Use it to share the news about Advocacy Day.
Download everything you need here:
- Use this Advocacy Day flyer to post in your clinic or office.
- Advocacy Day Logo: Put the Advocacy Day logo on your website, emails and Facebook page and link it to resolve.org/advocacyday. Download the html code here.
- Advocacy Day Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): Download the FAQ and share with your clinic/office staff. Everyone should be knowledgeable about this great event impacting the entire community.
- Template Letters: Educate lawmakers — bring letters about your work to Advocacy Day! You can use these letter templates; print them on your letterhead and deliver them during your Congressional meetings. (The templates are designed for a clinic but can be revised for any professional or business.) Bring letters for the two Senators and the one Representative in the state/district where you work. (Updated template letter coming soon!).