Co-Sponsor Access to Infertility Treatment and Care Act, S 1461 and HR 2803
- Will provide those who receive their healthcare through government-sponsored health plans, including TRICARE, the VA, the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program and others, to have coverage for infertility services.
- Provides access to vital fertility preservation services for those, like cancer patients, who are at risk of infertility due to medical treatments such as chemotherapy and surgery.
To co-sponsor, contact Sen. Cory Booker: 202.224.3324 or Rep. Rosa DeLauro: Caitlin.Peruccio@mail.house.gov.
Co-Sponsor Women Veterans and Families Health Services Act, S 319 and HR 955
- Will permanently allow Veterans with a service-connected injury causing infertility to access IVF medical treatments, which the Department of Veterans Affairs is currently offering via a temporary appropriation.
- The legislation will eliminate unfair restrictions on those eligible for the benefit at both the VA and under TRICARE.
- Allows for cryopreservation of gametes pre-deployment and at time of injury.
- Provides for adoption assistance.
Co-Sponsor Every Child Deserves a Family Act
- Will increase the number of foster and adoptive homes by banning discrimination against foster and adoptive parents, families of origin, and foster youth based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, and religion. Will improve services to the 20% of foster youth who identify as LGBTQ.
Co-Sponsor PCOS Awareness Month Resolution, H Res 146
- Designates September as PCOS Awareness Month and recognizes the need for more education and research on PCOS.
- PCOS is a life-long health condition that impacts 5 to 10 million women and girls in the U.S. and is a leading cause of infertility.
Medical Research Funding, FY 2020 Appropriations
- We support sustained support for the NIH, and specifically the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), where most research related to reproductive health and infertility is supported.
- We request a funding level of $1.6 billion for FY 2020 for NICHD.
For more information on our Legislative Agenda, Contact:
Barbara Collura, President/CEO, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association,
email@example.com, 703.506.2011; or
Erin Kramer, Government Affairs Manager, ASRM, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202.863.4984.