Co-sponsor S 700 and HR 1681, Women Veterans and Families Health Services Act
- Congress authorized funds through the Mil-Con-VA Appropriations bill in September 2016 for the Department of Veterans Affairs to provide adoption assistance and IVF medical treatments to Veterans with a service-connected injury or illness that has caused infertility. These new benefits are slowly being offered and we know of Veterans that are now receiving care.
- Funding extended through September 2019.
- This bill provides veterans these benefits permanently.
- Supported by leading Veterans’ organizations.
To co-sponsor, contact Sen. Patty Murray: Ryan_Pettit@murray.senate.gov or Rep. Rick Larsen: Jonathan.Golden@mail.house.gov
Co-sponsor S 937 and HR 2476, the Adoption Tax Credit Refundability Act
- The Adoption Tax Credit (ATC) advances the important public goal of encouraging adoptions, especially of children with special needs. That is why Congress has supported the bipartisan
ATC since 1997.
- The adoption tax credit needs to be made refundable so that low- to moderate-income
families can afford to adopt children.
To co-sponsor, contact Sen. Robert Casey: Sara_Mabry@casey.senate.gov or Rep. Diane Black: Robert.Cogan@mail.house.gov
Co-sponsor H Res. 864, PCOS Awareness Month
- A Resolution to designate September 2018 as PCOS Awareness Month passed the Senate in December 2017 (S. Res. 336).
- PCOS is a life-long health condition for women, and raising awareness will help with earlier diagnosis, more research, and greater access to care.
- PCOS impacts 5 to 10 million women and girls in the U.S. and is a leading cause of infertility.
To co-sponsor, contact Rep. David Scott: Martha.Cramer@mail.house.gov
Medical Research Funding, FY 2019 Appropriations
- We support sustained support for the NIH, and specifically the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), where most of the research related to reproductive health and infertility is supported.
- We request a funding level of $1.531 billion for FY19 for NICHD, particularly funding for research related to reproductive disorders such as infertility, PCOS, and Endometriosis.
For more information on RESOLVE’s Legislative Agenda, contact Barbara Collura, President/CEO, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association, firstname.lastname@example.org; 703.556.2011 or Erin Kramer, ASRM, email@example.com, 202.863.4984.