If you live in New York or South Carolina, look for your phone script below.
NEW YORK PHONE SCRIPT
1. Look up your State Senator here.
3. Here is a sample script for you to use in the Senate:
“Hi, I’m (NAME), and I’m a constituent calling from (City). I am calling to ask for your help in making sure Senator X asks the Senate leadership to move S. 8441A, the Fair Access to Fertility Treatment Act. The bill will help New Yorkers facing infertility build their family, and also help cancer patients preserve their fertility before starting cancer treatments. It brings New York in line with 21st-century medical treatment and gives New Yorkers the same benefits that NY state employees already have. I hope Senator X will speak with leadership to pass S. 8441A before the session adjourns in June so that New York law is in step with current medical advances. Thank you for taking my call and for passing on my message to the Senator.”
4. Please tell us which Senator you called by completing this quick survey. It’s important for us to keep track. Thank you.
SOUTH CAROLINA PHONE SCRIPT
1. Look up your Representative phone number here (click on the name of your state Representative (not U.S. Representative) to see their phone number)
2. Here is a sample script for you to use:
“Hi, I’m (NAME), and I am a constituent calling from (City). I am calling to ask for your help in making sure Representative X opposes H 3530, “The Personhood Act of South Carolina,“ which would hurt the more than 100,000 South Carolina citizens (including me), who face infertility. This law could prevent doctors from practicing in vitro fertilization (IVF) in accord with the best standards of medical care, and cancer patients whose only hope lies in freezing embryos could be prevented from having biological children. Although unintended, this legislation would prevent couples in South Carolina with infertility from being able to have families, and I hope Representative X will oppose this anti-family legislation. Thank you for taking my call and for passing on my message to the Representative.”
3. Please keep us posted on any feedback you receive by emailing email@example.com. Thank you.