Is a Support Group Right for Me?
A support group can be beneficial at certain points in the infertility experience. Is a RESOLVE support group right for you? Find out below.
Is a RESOLVE Support Group Right For Me?
A support group can be most beneficial at certain points of the infertility experience:
- When faced with making a difficult decision.
- When embarking on new family building options.
- When dealing with a major loss.
If any of the following statements apply to you, consider joining a RESOLVE support group:
- I’m feeling lonely and isolated.
- I have very few people to talk with about my infertility. No one understands.
- Everyone I know is pregnant or has children.
- My partner is the only one I have who provides emotional support.
- Infertility is affecting my work and career.
- I feel that my life plan is out of control. I’m having trouble navigating through my medical treatment options.
- I can’t decide when “enough is enough.”
- Holidays and coping with family and friends is becoming more and more difficult.
Find a RESOLVE support group in your area.
Myths and Facts about Support Groups:
You may hesitate to join a support group because of some assumptions about what happens at the group. Consider these myths and facts:
What are RESOLVE Support Groups?
RESOLVE offers two different support group options.