RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association, established in 1974, is dedicated to ensuring that all people challenged in their family building journey reach resolution through being empowered by knowledge, supported by community, united by advocacy, and inspired to act.
RESOLVE exists to provide:
◊ Access to Care
◊ Advocacy for Coverage
◊ Access to Support & Community
◊ Access to Education
◊ Awareness of All Family Building Options
RESOLVE’s Board of Directors, Staff and Volunteers operate with:
◊ Care and compassion
◊ Integrity and without bias
◊ Respect for all resolutions
◊ Credibility and authority
◊ A strong sense of community
◊ The goal to drive positive change
◊ A passionate belief that everyone deserves the right of family
RESOLVE’s Board of Directors developed a 3-year Strategic Plan in February 2020 to support all people challenged in building a family. Three core pillars guide the Strategic Plan: Relevant Education, Meaningful Support, and Legislative Progress, with specific areas of focus of the Plan listed below.
- Increase our reach with digital and in-person information to guide people throughout their family building journey.
- Expand the Coverage at Work program, which provides everything employees need to persuade their employers to voluntarily add family building benefits.
- Re-envision our support group network; we desire to provide the best experience and grow the network to reach more people in need.
- Deepen the volunteer experience for the hundreds of people that dedicate themselves to RESOLVE and our mission in all areas.
- Inspire the voice of the family building community.
- Engage with lawmakers at the federal and state levels on access to medical treatment, adoption, and surrogacy options.
Current Memberships: RESOLVE is a member of the National Coalition for Oversight of Assisted Reproductive Technologies (NCOART), the National Health Council and is a founding member of the International Federation of Infertility Patient Associations (IFIPA).
Non-discrimination Statement: RESOLVE will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable state or federal law.
Nonprofit Status: RESOLVE is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization certified under the National Health Council Standards of Excellence. The National Health Council demands the highest standards of accountability and ethical practice from its patient advocacy group members to assure the public that these organizations are worthy of support.
RESOLVE’s Annual Reports and organizational 990s are posted on the RESOLVE website. The RESOLVE Board of Directors contracts a management company, MCI USA, to provide staffing and administrative support. Approximately 83% of all funding for RESOLVE is directed to programs and services in support of our mission.
History. Founded in 1974 in Belmont, MA by Barbara Eck, a nurse experiencing her own struggle with infertility, RESOLVE hosted support groups and a way for people to connect with others. For many years RESOLVE had chapters in cities and states throughout the U.S.
Support Groups. A RESOLVE support group can help participants feel less isolated, empower them with knowledge and validate their emotional response to the life crisis of infertility. The freedom to express negative feelings and to identify with one another helps participants realize that they are not alone.
Advocacy. RESOLVE advocates on the state and national level for health care coverage for infertility, medical research, adoption benefits, and access to all family building options. RESOLVE hosts the only federal Advocacy Day in Washington, D.C. for the family building community and has been at the forefront of fighting state legislation that would harm access to any family building option.
Grassroots Volunteers. RESOLVE mobilizes and trains an extensive network of grassroots advocates on the state level who engage in all levels of advocacy from sending emails, researching and tracking bills, to meeting with and educating state legislators about infertility.
Speakers’ Bureau. RESOLVE has a network of spokespeople ready to address questions from the media and available for interview. Contact Andy Schwarz for more information at Andy.Schwarz@resolve.org.
Funding. RESOLVE is a charitable organization supported by tax-deductible contributions from concerned individuals, foundations and corporations.
National Infertility Awareness Week® (NIAW).Founded by RESOLVE in 1989, NIAW is the only federally recognized health observance for infertility. Learn more about NIAW on the official website.
Hope Awards. Each year RESOLVE recognizes leaders in the family building community who have made a significant difference in the lives of all people struggling to build their family. The Hope Awards are awarded at the Night of Hope held in New York City.
Corporate Council. Corporate leaders in the field support RESOLVE’s mission by participation on RESOLVE’s Corporate Council.
Who’s Who at RESOLVE
- Founder: Barbara Eck, RN, MPH
- National Board Chair: Kevin Hagan
- President/CEO: Barbara Collura
- Senior Manager, Digital Assets: Marnee Beck
- Senior Manager, Access to Care: Simeonne Bookal
- Chief Engagement Officer: Betsy Campbell
- Coordinator: Manisha Dorsey
- Chief External Affairs Officer: Rebecca Flick
- Senior Manager, Coverage at Work: Madga Halim
- Director, Development: Cindy Hollister
- Chief Development Officer: Tina Krall
- Vice President, Public Relations: Andy Schwarz
- Senior Manager, Grassroots Outreach: Tracie Sullivan
- RESOLVE Board of Directors
- RESOLVE Staff
- RESOLVE Sponsors
- Our Financials
- Our Impact
- Press Releases
- Position and Policy Statements
- RESOLVE in the News
- RESOLVE Media Relations
Participate in a RESOLVE Special Event: